- Call your partner’s favorite radio station and dedicate a song to him or her.
- Buy a package of children’s Valentine cards and hide them in your partner’s clothes drawer, briefcase, lunch bag, coat pocket, dashboard of the car, etc. Have your children help hide them with you.
- Take the day off – have fun playing hooky with your honey.
- List “50 Reasons Why I Love You” and include them in his/her Valentine Card [Helpful hint: Remember the reasons you fell in love with your partner in the first place].
- Make a 1000-piece puzzle together.
- Surprise your partner with breakfast in bed or a candlelight breakfast for two.
- When was the last time the two of you had a professional photo taken together? Your wedding, maybe? Make an appointment at your local photo studio. Don’t forget to smile!
- Give her a dozen roses: 10 of her favorite color and 2 of one other color (white looks especially beautiful among red or pink). Have the 2 roses in the middle of the bouquet with a note “You will never stand alone.”
- Have his favorite meal catered to his office.
- Time to indulge one another. Purchase a couple’s spa romance package.
- Share a plate of spaghetti together. Disney’s Lady and The Tramp did and look how things turned out for them in the end.
- Install a dimmer to your bathroom light switch. Don’t forget the bubble bath, romantic music, and rose petals.
- Why not rent a hot tub and snuggle under the moon?
- Recreate your first date or pretend it’s your first date out together. Time to flirt, flirt, flirt!
- Make your own book of coupons, exchangeable for special goodies.
- Sign the two of you up for a couple’s massage class.
- Host a private Valentine’s Day party with your closest friends. Be sure everyone wears something red.
- Renew your wedding vows. Invite your family and closest friends. Keep it intimate.
- Take a visit to your local discount store and stock up on Valentine goodies to surprise your sweetie all year long. Let your imagination run wild!
- If for some reason you’re unable to celebrate your mate on Valentine’s Day, make a special point to celebrate afterwards. Include a personalized gift card that says, “Valentine’s Day may be over, but my heart still beats for you.”
Romance Unlimited™. All rights reserved. A division of LDH Enterprises Inc.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Leona Hamel is a Romance Agent, speaker, coach and author of The ABC’s of Tease and Please - A Romance Handbook, as well as a contributing author to A First Serving of Milk and Cookies for Success. Passionate about human connection, Leona works with men and women who want to explore their romantic creativity and experience more passion, fun, and success in their life. Visit http://www.romanceunlimited.com for new articles, tips and trivia each month. Don't forget to sign up for LouLou's Love Lesson!