Do any of the following sound familiar?
- I love you [but I'm busy].
- I love you [but don't bother me].
- I love you [but I won't go shopping with you].
- I love you [but I won't go to a ball game with you].
Whether you've been a receiver or a sender of any of the above, I love you means nothing if a person doesn't show it. Were you also aware that two of the greatest enemies of love are loneliness and boredom? Well, if you weren't aware, now you know. So, no excuses ... especially this month! And why is that? Because August is Romance Awareness Month – a reminder that a relationship can never have too much romance.
Romance is appreciation – plain and simple! Undoubtedly, you've heard me say this before; however, it bears repeating. Romance is a loving gesture ... it is showing your partner how much she or he matters to you. And contrary to what some people may think, it need not be complicated, costly or extravagant.
So let me ask you, how often do you make use of opportunities to show your love? What's one thing that you could do today, tomorrow, this week to strengthen your relationship?
Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Compliment your partner. You can never hear too much of a good thing! Compliment her gorgeous smile–his bedroom eyes–his broad chest–her infectious laugh.
- Read to each other. Our personal favourite is Forever Love by Gary Smalley.
- Invite your partner for a late night stroll in the park. Hop on a see-saw. Share a swing. Smooch on a bench.
- Call your partner's favorite radio station and have them play “your song.”
- Take time for play. Have fun. Go crazy! Chase each other around the house. Have even more fun getting caught!
Make room for romance in your day-to-day life and experience the pleasures of living an extraordinary relationship with your partner!
“Love is not a solo
Love is a duet
If it dwindles for one
The song ceases.”
- Author unknown
Until next month!
PS> Are you a Love Ambassador like LouLou? If you enjoyed LouLou's Love Lesson™, we invite you to forward it to a friend or colleague. To subscribe to our complimentary monthly Love Lesson, visit our home page at www.romanceunlimited.com.
Privacy Statement: Your privacy is paramount to us and deserves to be respected. Romance Unlimited™ will not distribute your e-mail address to anyone ... period.
Copyright: Permission is granted to reproduce or distribute LouLou's Love Lesson™ only in its entirety and provided copyright is acknowledged.
To Subscribe: Please go to our Sign-Up Form at: http://www.romanceunlimited.com.
To Unsubscribe: Send a blank message to: email@example.com with “Remove Love Lesson” in the subject field. If you are leaving, we're sorry to see you go.
To Change Your E-mail Address: Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org with your old address in the subject field.
Advertising: For information about advertising in LouLou's Love Lesson, send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Your comments are welcome and appreciated! Write firstname.lastname@example.org.