A Romance Handbook
Season's Greetings Fellow Romantics!
How are you all? I'm great, having just finished working on a successful charitable campaign with a fantastic team! It was an extremely rewarding experience, however, it required that I set aside some of my other responsibilities for a few months ... no, my sweetheart was not one of them ... priorities after all! Well, I'm happy to say that LouLou is back and I hope that you are all doing well!
Have you started your holiday shopping yet? Iím forever amazed at those I speak to who tell me that they have it all completed. Gosh, Iím stilling trying to get some gift ideas for my honey and my two daughters! Though I truly love buying presents for others, there are many who believe that Christmas has become far too commercial. Well, perhaps in some ways it has, but it doesnít have to be.
Why not make a commitment to spend more time with your loved ones this year? Enjoy creating new memories! Celebrate reviving old ones!
Whether you want to add more romance, express your profound love and appreciation, one of these happy holiday hints is bound to bring you and your loved one(s) closer.
- Build a snowman with your sweetheart and then, to celebrate, lie down and make angels in the snow.
- Go ice-skating by moonlight.
- Snuggle up together on the sofa and watch holiday reruns: A Charlie Brown Christmas; Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (my personal favourite!);The Grinch Who Stole Christmas (who doesnít like that one!); Santa Claus is Coming to Town, and Little Drummer Boy (always brings a tear to my eye).
- Record a CD of you and your family singing Christmas carols and make it a surprise gift to your parents or grandparents.
- Instead of having a holiday photo taken just of your child this year, why donít you get into the photo too?
- Choose an evening where you and your partner wrap presents together. Thereís no reason why candles and a bottle of wine canít be part of the scenario. And remember, presents need not be wrapped perfectly (Iím speaking to the Controllers out there as I used to be one of them.).
- Invite your parent out for lunch at an old-fashioned cafť or pub–just the two of you.
- Surprise your sweetheart with some freshly baked cookies and a cup of hot cocoa.
- When was the last time you went tobogganing Ö and was that with your sweetheart? Let the children in you come out to play!
- Put up some mistletoe, here, there, and everywhere Ö yes, even in the shower stall (Iím assuming you and your sweetie practice conserving energy, right?)
I encourage you all to experience the magic of the season. Joanna Fuchs says it best in her poem:
Are we too grownup to feel a thrill
As we light the Christmas tree?
Are we immune to cookies,
Christmas cards and Christmas glee?
Are we too adult to “Ooh” and “Aah”
At the Christmas candle's glow?
Are we blasť about our gifts;
Do we shun the mistletoe?
Are we too mature for carols,
For merry or for jolly?
Do the decorations leave us cold,
The ornaments and holly?
Fat chance! Weíll never grow too old
To love the Christmas magic.
A year without a Christmas
Would be boring, even tragic.
So bring it on! The candy canes,
The feasting and good cheer;
O Christmas, lovely Christmas,
Youíre the highlight of the year!
May the spirit of the holidays fill you with good cheer and may love abound! Until January!
PS> Are you a Love Ambassador like LouLou? If you enjoyed LouLou's Love Lesson™, we invite you to forward it to a friend or colleague. To subscribe to our complimentary monthly Love Lesson, visit our home page at www.romanceunlimited.com.
Privacy Statement: Your privacy is paramount to us and deserves to be respected. Romance Unlimited™ will not distribute your e-mail address to anyone ... period.
Copyright: Permission is granted to reproduce or distribute LouLou's Love Lesson™ only in its entirety and provided copyright is acknowledged.
To Subscribe: Please go to our Sign-Up Form at: http://www.romanceunlimited.com.
To Unsubscribe: Send a blank message to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Remove Love Lesson” in the subject field. If you are leaving, we're sorry to see you go.
To Change Your E-mail Address: Send a message to email@example.com with your old address in the subject field.
Advertising: For information about advertising in LouLou's Love Lesson, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your comments are welcome and appreciated! Write email@example.com.