A few months ago, I attended an exciting presentation entitled The Leader as Coach led by my very good friend, Life Satisfaction Coach Joan Jesion. As she reviewed her coaching tips with the group, I couldn’t help but notice how each tip could equally apply to living a successful, loving relationship. Of course, I've inserted the word “partner” for the purpose of the love lesson.
- Talk with your partner, not to or at your partner. Your partner is your equal and you both deserve to be treated with respect.
- Admit mistakes. Enough of the blame game. There is no place for words like: “you always” or “you never” …
- Keep it simple. No making a mountain out of a molehill. Deal with the issue at hand.
- Listen — especially to what’s not being said. This means no interrupting or thinking ahead as to what to say next. Your partner deserves your undivided attention.
- Keep it short and specific. Stay on topic. No rambling and no bringing up the past.
- Be sincere. Honesty is the best policy; however, please remember that honesty without compassion is brutality.
- Be timely. Don’t allow negative feelings to build inside you or you risk that you become resentful and, even worse, that you lose your cool.
There’s no doubt that our relationships, both personal and professional, will benefit when we incorporate these tips into our life on a daily basis. All that it requires is making a conscious effort to “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.”
Until next month, live each day passionately and consciously!
Have you taken a look at our love library
PS> Are you a Love Ambassador like LouLou? If you enjoyed LouLou's Love Lesson™, we invite you to forward it to a friend or colleague. To subscribe to our complimentary monthly Love Lesson, visit our home page at www.romanceunlimited.com.
*All lyrics are property and copyright of their owners. Lyrics provided are for educational purposes only.
Privacy Statement: Your privacy is paramount to us and deserves to be respected. Romance Unlimited™ will not distribute your e-mail address to anyone ... period.
Copyright: Permission is granted to reproduce or distribute LouLou's Love Lesson™ only in its entirety and provided copyright is acknowledged.
To Subscribe: Please go to our Sign-Up Form at: http://www.romanceunlimited.com.
To Unsubscribe: Send a blank message to: email@example.com with “Remove Love Lesson” in the subject field. If you are leaving, we're sorry to see you go.
To Change Your E-mail Address: Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org with your old address in the subject field.
Advertising: For information about advertising in LouLou's Love Lesson, send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Your comments are welcome and appreciated! Write firstname.lastname@example.org.